Monday, December 31, 2012

MAKE ART!

Healing should not be held within the constraints of just merely physical medicine. Assuming the only relief to our depression, frustration or whatever ails us lies within tangible parameters is a bit silly! Overall wellbeing is much more than that. Let's not stifle our happiness, right?
When we feel confused or complacent or upset, and choose to be creative instead of brooding and worrying, we find ourselves exploring a deeper level to our humanity and happiness.

Our healing journeys encompass many layers and dimensions. One of those realms is undoubtedly ART. You know that feeling when observing a painting or design for the first time, and feeling the tug at your heart strings....this is indeed healing. A chord has been struck, a window opened, and light of appreciation illuminated.
In turn, creatively expressing oneself through artistic projects can release pent up energy, maddening inspiration, open up emotional blockages, help us cope with daily life, and bring joy and wonder to the mind. It may just illuminate a light in someone other than yourself!

When's the last time you drew a silly picture or practiced on a sewing or craft project? Do you take the time to express from the heart what is swirling around in your imaginative brain? You can draw, paint, finger paint, work with clay, knit, weld, build sculptures out of found objects, collage, hell even scrapbook! (that's not my thing but hey it's the ACT we're going for here)
 I know I'd like to make more art than I give my time to, but when I do get that wave of motivation I ride it!

Here are some of th fun things I made from this year and a couple years back. Feel free to comment and share what you like to do! Make even share a picture?!
Hope ya dig :)


He's a pretty fun guy. (fungi....get it? it's laffy taffy quality up in here)

The perfect touch for the lapel on some butt-flappin', outhouse-rockin', long red underwear. (Yes I live with the man who wears em)

Kiki's "heart on her sleeve". Looks pretty cute on the arm of her sweater!

Using up vintage fabrics and leftover buttons...owl see you later craft scraps!

"Verla the Vicious" 6 1/2 foot tall Squid. Don't know if I could do it again. A labor of love for sure. Best thing I ever did make though.

Verla's partner in crime, "Cycloptopus". She's no longer with me as I gave her away to this great guy http://www.brhltattoo.com/ as a tip for a kick ass tattoo. Check him out!

Oh, hey there! xoxo

Eye think I'll have another please...

Itty bitty cutie watercolor test

It's all about balance.....for T Money <3


For Amy and her playful spirit <3

What to do with random google-y eyes? Make mustachioed friends with em!

An embroidered wallet for my homegirl, Wren. 

The one and only. Age drew it, I stitched it. Sorry Age, it's on my cardigan now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment