Friday, August 30, 2013

best gluten-free, milk-free, sugar-free banana bread ever!

Even if you don't have an allergy or aversion to wheat, gluten, milk, sugar, etc....
this banana bread recipe is a keeper! It's simple, easy and contains few ingredients. Plus it's DELICIOUS!

I think this banana bread is one of the healthiest you could make, without skimping on flavor, texture and overall yumminess. Instead of vegan shortening I used the same amount of Organic grass-fed butter. I also threw in a couple tablespoons of chia seeds, and a dash of cinnamon. Try experimenting with adding some frozen blueberries and a handful of rolled oats, ground flax seed, or add a 1/4c Maca Root Powder.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-banana-bread/



paleo banana bread

paleo banana bread gluten-free recipe
Naturally sweetened Paleo banana bread is easy to make with low carb gluten free ingredients including almond flour.
This Paleo recipe for banana bread is a high protein gluten free treat that is quick and easy to make. When I posted my recipe for Paleo Bread, the feedback was so amazing that I knew I’d need to come up with more gluten free Paleo bread recipes for you all.

Paleo Banana Bread

  1. Place bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and shortening in a food processor
  2. Pulse ingredients together
  3. Pulse in almond flour, salt and baking soda
  4. Scoop batter into a greased 7.5 x 3.5 magic line loaf pan
  5. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes 30 minutes
  6. Remove from oven and allow to cool
  7. Serve with Dandelion Root Coffee (optional)
Serves 12

Addendum: Please note, I made a mistake in transcribing this recipe from paper to website. The correct baking time for this recipe is 55-65 minutes, not 30 minutes. I apologize for this error.
When you make this banana bread, be sure to use ripe bananas. Also, if you want the loaf to be as tall as mine, then use the recommended size loaf pan, if you use a larger one, your batter will spread out to fill the horizontal dimension of the pan and will be short when it comes to the vertical dimension.
If you do not have (or are allergic to) the recommended ingredients and wish to make the loaf, feel free to experiment with your own ingredient choices and let us know how it goes. I am not sure how your desired substitutions will work out; as I often say, I wish I had a crystal ball and could automatically know if an ingredient change would work (or not). However, I do test each recipe, each time I make the slightest variation (think ¼ teaspoon of baking soda –if I add or subtract that, it’s a whole new batch of bread in the oven).
So, since I’m out to make the most recipes I can for my family (and you all), I’m moving on from this recipe and heading out to conquer others and make more gluten free Paleo recipes for everyone.








Elana's pantry is one of my favorite sources for tasty recipes of all kinds. Check out her website and amazing books!

No comments:

Post a Comment