Thursday, September 26, 2013

Heartfelt goodbyes & Open-armed hellos

goodbye 20s and hello 30s!
Es my birthday this weekend and rarely do I celebrate or make that information public.
This year, however, I'm feelin' it....feelin' it deep from within.....a shift, a change, a sliver of clarity that is so kindly helping me to release an unserving version of myself and ushering in a brand new version of ME!

I'm so jazzed to be 30. I'm a real adult now! The wild 20s can now be put to rest. And I'm totally cool with that. 

My 20s were a trip, like most young people can agree. I dabbled in a little of this and that and tried a bunch of different selves on, only to have circled back to my center....something I haven't felt since I was a child. 
My 20s were a great time of experimentation. I went to college, got kicked outta college, went back to college, worked a bunch of strange jobs, lived in quite a few different houses, had 30+ different roommates over the years, collected over half a human body's worth of tattoos, dabbled in enough illegal substances to now know what NOT to do, got to see what jail was like for a couple of days, graduated college w/honors, had too many boyfriends, broke up with those boyfriends, met the mustached man of my dreams and found instant soul-love-connection, drank insane amounts of beer, absorbed myself into Krishna Consciousness, went 30 days without eating, moved out of Iowa to Arizona, discovered the magical world of plants and potency of the desert, crashed a moped which changed my life forever, found yoga, then the gong found me, and so much more I can't even put into words.

Through a decade of soul-searching and reckless abandon I found an equal sense of freedom and liberation in the pure ability to TRY THINGS OUT. I know I'm wiser because of it. I did not expect myself to be accountable for anything considered stable during my 20s except for the fact that I always worked and paid my bills, always held my own and always found my way. Though not everyone I encountered on my path understood my logic or reasoning at times (or lack thereof), I am blessed to have met so many fascinating and awesome people. And I've been gifted with a certain small group of amazing friends and an incredible family of sweet people who have always loved me. No matter how weird or crazy or strange my extreme swinging pendulum may have swayed in the past, I was always supported and appreciated during those times of exploration. So to those certain folks....you know who you are. Thank you for accepting me every bit of the way.

Now I embark on the first day of the rest of my life. That's how brand new I feel. And that's my motto every day. I feel a growing excitement encroaching....a sweet taste of adventure:::of travel and healing:::of wisdom and purpose:::of ageless beauty:::elegance and grace:::: all built upon a solid foundation of WISDOM through EXPERIENCE!

And how fitting.....take a nice nostalgic listen to the Stones Ruby Tuesday....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a00_tPLcE_g

May you also be inspired for adventure....
peace, love and blessings,
THE WISE OWL
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment